Let me take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Marc Breitsprecher
and I have been collecting ancient coins since 1977. I have been a part
time dealer since 1997 and a full time dealer as of 2005. I hope you
have enjoyed browsing our web site. Along with my web master Kendrick
Erickson we have tried to provide a user-friendly environment in which
to buy coins and hope you have found this to be the case. Comments and
questions are always welcomed.
Ordering coins from Ancient Imports is easy and we try to make a number
of options available. If you see a coin you like but cannot afford it
right now we would be glad to work with you on a payment plan that works
You may contact us using the contact form
which is available from the menu at the bottom of this and every page on
the web site.
- Payment within the US can be made by: personal check, money order, PayPal
or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover). Personal
checks may be held to clear.
- International payment including Canada can be made by: PayPal or credit
card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) or wire transfer. All
wire fees must be paid by the buyer.
- All coins are reserved until payment is received; at this time they
are marked sold. The easiest way to purchase a coin is to click on the
thumbnail image and then click the "add item to cart" button. This will
walk you through our checkout and give you all of the payment and shipping
- You will receive an automated e-mail confirming your purchase. Coins
are generally shipped the same day or next day depending on when we can
get to the post office. There are times when we are away for a few days
but this is the exception rather than the rule and in this case orders
will be mailed as soon as we return.
- Please note that all items are subject to prior sale as we have
several sales venues.
- We cannot sell precious metal coins to citizens of Minnesota due to their
"bullion" coin law. This law prohibits coin dealers, who are not licensed with
the State of Minnesota, from mailing any coin with more than 1% precious metal
to the state. Learn more HERE.
My mailing address for cash, money order or check payment is:
P.O. Box 330371
Fort Worth, TX 76163
On January 28, 2013 the USPS (United States Postal Service) instituted dramatic
increases in their international shipping rates, especially for registered and
express mails. Their "shape based" approach has pushed any envelope over 1/4"
thick into the package category tripling the postage costs of the packet.
Because of this I have been forced to increase my international registered rates
by 20% just to break even! Express mail rates have doubled in just a few years
and my prices reflect actual costs of mailing your coins.
IN THE UNITED STATES
- All orders are shipped via first class mail for the price of $5 plus 1%
of the order total.
- Book orders will be shipped at actual cost either first class or media
rate. Coins include a photo flip with all of the site information and are
shipped in a double padded envelope first-class mail with delivery
confirmation via USPS.
- Expedited services are also available and these options are given during
checkout. We can ship anywhere in the US in 1 or 2 business days for $22
plus 2% to cover insurance costs via USPS express mail service.
OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
- All coins are shipped via fully insured Airmail. The cost of this service is
$5 plus 1% of the order total for order up to $400. Orders over $400 will be
charged $20 plus 1% of the order total.
- Fully insured Registered mail is available with any order and is mandatory
on orders over $400. The cost is $20 plus 1% of the total cost of your
- Orders may also be shipped using USPS Express Mail International (EMI). The
cost is $62 plus 2% of the order total. Canadian express mail is $42 plus
- All import fees, duties, or customs fees charged by the country of the buyer
will be the sole responsibility of the buyer. It is impossible for us to
know what these fees are so please direct your questions on these matters to
your country's customs department.
- We are unable to secure shipping insurance via registered mail or airmail
for the following countries and reserve the right to cancel orders being
shipped to them. EMI shipping (mentioned above) is available to most of
these countries and can be accessed through the checkout.
Angola (including Cabinda)
Central African Republic
OFAC Restricted Countries
Papua New Guinea
Russian Federation (includes Russia)
- All coins and artifacts are guaranteed to be genuine and authentic. I
buy all of my coins from very reliable sources.
- All coins are attributed from my sizable library of ancient
numismatic references and then photographed using the state of the art
digital equipment. As a general rule coins will be better than the image.
All images are processed to look just like the coin on my computer
monitor, a 22" LG Flatron wide. Monitors do vary in quality and
- Coins can be returned at any time for documented questions of
authenticity and can be returned within two weeks for any
reason—complete satisfaction is the only acceptable outcome of any